A man has died and another has been seriously injured after an Audi RS3 left the road and crashed into a tree near Minety in Wiltshire. Emergency services were called following the single-vehicle collision on the B4040 between Charlton and Minety at around 7.05pm on Friday, August 7. Police said the Audi RS3 had been travelling northeast along the B4040 from the direction of Charlton towards Minety when it left the carriageway and collided with a tree. No other vehicles were involved in the crash.
Driver pronounced dead at scene
The driver of the Audi, a man in his 40s from Swindon, was pronounced dead at the scene. His family have been informed. Police said their thoughts were with his loved ones following the fatal collision. A passenger in the Audi, a man in his 50s, survived the crash but suffered serious injuries. He was taken to hospital for treatment.
Police appeal for witnesses and dashcam footage
The B4040 was closed while collision investigators examined the scene and carried out enquiries into the circumstances surrounding the crash. Police are now appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision to come forward. Officers would also like to hear from motorists who were travelling in the area and may have captured the Audi or the collision on dashcam. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 01225 694597, quoting log 298 of August 7.
Related: Suspected Bittern Pub Killer Harry Joyce Remanded to Winchester Crown Court
Related: Man Stabbed in Broad Daylight in West Drayton – Victim Critically Treated, Police Hunt Attacker
Related: Three-Vehicle Crash on Newport Media Way Causes Massive Delays and Bus Disruptions
Related: Teen Charged with GBH After Wokingham Station Tap Stabbing
Related: Southampton Man Charged with Murder After Fatal Pub Punch in Bitterne
Related: Crash Chaos Near Winchester: Car Leaves A31, Road Closures Spark Traffic Mayhem
Related: Wildfire Rages Near Camberley: Fire Crews Battle Blazing Inferno on Old Guildford Road
Related: Black Peugeot Totally Gutted in Fiery Blaze on Whiteley Bank Near Apse Heath
Related: 23-Year-Old Arrested in Leyton Over Murder of Teen Jaden Moodie – Trial Set for July
Related: Massive Blast at Port Talbot Tata Steel Plant Injures Two in Early Morning Explosion
Related: Wightlink Ferry Breakdown Strands Hundreds at Portsmouth as Linkspan Fault Sparks Chaos
Related: Man Tries to Snatch Toddler from Mum on Basingstoke Woodland Path – Suspect Detained, Police Seek Witnesses
Related: Van Stuck in Portsbridge Creek Sparks Coastguard Recovery After 999 Call
Related: Hackney Murder Probe After Man, 29, Dies in Brutal Stabbing; Second Victim Stable
Related: Candle Sparks Bedroom Blaze in Maidstone Home – Firefighters Quick to Contain Fire
Related: Teen Stabbed Near Westfield Sparks Met Police Hunt in Shepherd’s Bush
Related: Police Hunt Rogue Trader Behind Unauthorized Job in Meon Valley Scam
Related: Hit-and-Run Horror in Petersfield: Police Hunt Dark Car That Left Cyclist Seriously Injured
Related: Firefighters Rescue Injured Bembridge Resident Using Aerial Ladder After Ambulance Call
Related: Eastleigh Hit-and-Run: Police Release Final CCTV of Sagar Bhatti Before Fatal Crash, Two Men Arrested
Related: Woman Airlifted by Rescue 175 from Steep West Wight Cliff After Fall
Related: Southsea Hit-and-Run: Woman Left with Life-Changing Injuries as BMW Flees Scene
Related: Man Fighting for Life After Brutal Camden Town Stabbing Near Tube Station
Related: Major Incident Shuts M27 Near Southampton After Person Jumps from Overbridge – Traffic Chaos and Long Delays Expected
Related: M20 Eastbound Closed After Multi-Car Crash – Expect 30-Min Delays and Re-Route Now
Related: Pensioner Crashes Into Fair Oak Wine Shop, Owner Devastated as Repairs Begin
Related: Urgent Appeal as Missing Bedford Teen Zakisha Lawrence Believed in Hampshire
Related: Yobs Spark Isle of Wight Forest Fire, Firefighters Quickly Contain Blaze
Related: Young Man Stabbed in South-East London, Police Appeal for Witnesses
Related: Knife-Wielding Gang Robs Southampton Pub in Midnight Raid – Police Urge Witnesses to Help
Related: First Image of Junior McCauley, 18, Revealed After Fatal Southwark Stabbing
Related: A gang of men who attacked a pair of brothers have all been convicted at the Old Bailey
Related: Man Denied Bail Over Murder of Ex-Isle of Wight Councillor Gerry White
Related: Man Arrested After Assaulting Female Bus Driver at Newport Station
Related: Police Release CCTV in Hunt for Men in Black Audi Over Oxfordshire & Berkshire Burglaries
Originally published by UKNIP.
We are your go-to destination for breaking UK news, real-life stories from communities across the country, striking images, and must-see video from the heart of the action.
Follow us on Facebook at for the latest updates and developing stories, and stay connected on X (Twitter) the for live coverage as news breaks across the UK.